SAMPLING INSTRUCTIONS FOR INORGANIC CHEMICAL ANALYSIS OF DRINKING WATER SAMPLES
· The sample should be taken as close to the source (well, river, etc.) as possible. If there is a spigot in the well house, use that rather than a tap in a residence on the distribution system.
· Disconnect any garden hose or appliance that may be connected to the spigot.
NOTE: BE SURE TO EXPAND THE SAMPLE CONTAINER BEFORE TAKING THE SAMPLE, IF IT IS THE COLLAPSIBLE TYPE, BY GENTLY BLOWING INTO THE MOUTH OF THE CONTAINER. FILL TWO CONTAINERS IF METALS ARE TO BE PART OF THE ANALYSIS REQUESTED.
· Open the spigot or tap and allow the water to run freely for 2 to 3 minutes before filling the sample container.
· Write the required information (time of sampling, date of sampling, sample location, system name, source number, etc.) on the label attached to the sample container (This information should match the corresponding information on the request form.
· Fill the sample container to the shoulder of the bottle. DO NOT FILL TO OVERFLOWING.
· Complete the accompanying form (Public water systems must include the system ID number, system name, source number, whether Group A or B and the date and time of sampling if the sample is to be used to meet compliance requirements).
· Deliver the water sample and the analysis request form to the laboratory within 24 hours of sampling.
· Please contact Twiss Analytical Labs at (360) 779-5141 if you have any questions.